Sunday, April 5, 2015

Denim on Denim



Happy Easter everyone! I am trying out a new formatting on the blog, by posting one picture then writing, let me know how you guys like it! Recently I have been LOVING this pair of jeans.  They are so comfortable, and easy to style.  I have been reaching for them everyday that I have been running late... which pretty much means everyday :P 

I found this new gorgeous spot for pictures while driving near my house!  I was taken by surprise because it is so close to my house, yet I had never seen it! My sister and I took the quick trip down to this no-longer in service railroad to take these pictures.  Yeah I know what you guys are thinking and it is very senior picturey, but I couldn't resist! I love how the light hits and just how whimsical it looks. 

The denim on denim look- also often called the Canadian Tuxedo- is one of my favorite looks because it looks so effortlessly fashionable.  All you need is a pair of jeans and either a denim shirt or denim jacket.  Some people are totally against the denim on denim look but I personally love it! Ever since breaking this fashion rule has been "okay" I have started to  experiment more with the different types of denim and which washes look the best together.  I have found that one of the easiest ways to wear denim on denim, without looking like the infamous photo of denim gone wrong on Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake (here is the picture if you haven't seen it), is to mix up the washes of the denim.  For example, you could do a dark-think black- wash jeans and pair it with a light denim jacket, or denim shirt on top.  Also you could vary the weight and feel of the different denim pieces.  For example you could pair a distressed pair of jeans with a thicker, more structured denim top.



{Top: Abercrombie, Jeans: Hollister, Bag: Steve Madden, Sunglasses: Nordstrom BP}

Thanks for reading!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment